On Sunday June 28, Kristien set up the colony at the farm with the cloak board. Special attention was paid to have only capped brood in the cell finishing box and make sure all the open brood was in the bottom box.
On June 30th, we met a Kristien’s and grafted from Cleopatra stock. We then went to the farm and placed the cells in a cut out area of a frame of comb.
On July 2nd, I removed the cloak board and checked to see how many cells have been accepted. The cells are somewhat chaotic. Only 5 of 14 were accepted. None have been capped and they just look a little stubby.
Here’s a shot of the food. I don’t know what the food levels were on Tuesday when we placed the cells.